Austin Air HM250 A250 HealthMate+ Jr Air Purifier – Midnight Blue
- Recent research shows that indoor air is often 2 to 5 times more polluted than outdoor air, which is why you should keep the air in your home as healthy and clean as possible. You might not be getting a good night’s sleep because of the pollutants in the air you breathe. The Austin HealthMate+ Jr not only removes particulate matter like smoke, dust mites, pet dander, mold spores, germs, viruses, and pollen, it will even remove volatile organic compounds (VOCs) that come from such sources as cleaning solutions, carpets, paints, building materials and formaldehyde and toxic gasses. Four stages of filtration ensure you are breathing clean air: First is a “large-particle” pre-filter to trap dust, hair, and pet dander; this filter is designed to be vacuumed rather than replaced. Second is a “medium-particle” pre-filter which traps mold, spores, and pollen. The third line of defense is 30 sq ft of medical-grade true HEPA filtration, which removes micro-organisms like bacteria and viruses. Finally, 6.5 pounds of military-grade activated carbon and zeolite removes chemicals, gasses, and odors. Most air filters sold in stores do not remove gaseous VOCs, and the electrostatic cleaners emit harmful ozone. The machine has four casters for easy mobility; move it from room to room to keep breathing clean air.
Also available in White, Black, Sandstone, and Silver.
Replacement filters are available in White and Black.
Specifications Manufacturer Austin Air Manufacturer Product No. HM250 B250 UPC 769100217144 Power Requirement 120VAC Power Consumption Max 80W Filter Types PERMAFILT Pre-Filter
30 sq ft True HEPA
Military-Grade Activated Carbon/Zeolite with Potassium Iodide
Color Midnight Blue Max Room Size 700 cu ft Fan Speeds 3 Max Air Flow 200 clm Approvals CSA, NRTL, CE Weight 18 lbs Dimensions 16.5″ x 11″ x 11″ Mfgr Warranty 5 year, limited
- Which Air Cleaner is Right for Me? Chart
- Owner’s Manual
- 1x – HealthMate+ Jr Air Purifier
- 1x – Instruction Manual
Greenlite Lighting 13W/ELS-U/41K 13 Watt Ultra Mini Spiral CFL Bulb – Cool White
- The Greenlite Lighting 13W/ELS-U/41K 13 Watt Ultra Mini Spiral CFL Bulb in cool white is a 13W Compact Fluorescent bulb that replaces a 60W incandescent lamp, it uses 75% less energy and costs less to operate. A Greenlite bulb equals 10 standard incandescent bulbs, and lasts up to 10,000 life hours. The 13 Watt Ultra Mini Compact Fluorescent Lamp features an instant start, flicker free bulb and is ideal for wall scones, bathroom fixtures, under cabinet, ceiling and agriculture. The bulbs are RoHS compliant and consist of lead-free components, leaving less waste in landfills and making it environmentally friendly.
This product is also available in 13 Watt Ultra Mini Spiral CFL Bulb – Soft White and 13 Watt Ultra Mini Spiral CFL Bulb – Bright White.
What is a CFL?
A compact fluorescent light bulb (CFL) is a type of fluorescent lamp designed to replace an incandescent bulb. CFLs are the most energy efficient lighting available. Like other energy-efficient products, high quality CFLs bear the Energy Star symbol, demonstrating to consumers they are among the most energy-efficient on the market. Energy Star-approved CFLs, such as those produced by Greenlite, must meet numerous requirements that include: using at least two-thirds less energy than standard incandescent while providing the same amount of light; lasting 10 times longer than incandescent; saving $30 or more in energy costs over a bulb’s lifetime; and generating less heat than incandescent bulbs.
CFLs Environmental and Economic Benefits
Regular incandescent bulbs waste energy: 90 percent of their energy is used to produce heat, not light. CFLs save energy and help lower electricity costs because they use 75 percent less energy than incandescent bulbs, thereby requiring only one-quarter of the energy consumed by incandescent. For example, a 13-watt CFL produces the same light as a 60-watt incandescent bulb, saving about 45 watts each hour it is lit.
Estimates show that if every person replaced just one incandescent bulb with an Energy Star CFL, greenhouse gas emissions would be reduced by about 400,000 tonnes each year – the equivalent of taking 70,000 cars off the road each year.
The average home has about 30 light fixtures that consume about $200 in electricity costs each year. If just five incandescent bulbs using three hours of light each day were replaced with Energy Star-approved CFL light bulbs, a homeowner could save $30 each year.
CFLs help to save the environment in other ways too. Because Energy Star CFLs are required to last 10 times longer than incandescent bulbs, fewer bulbs and packaging are sent to landfill sites. And using less energy and fewer bulbs reduces emissions from power plants and helps protect the environment from the risk of global climate change.
CFLs and Mercury
CFLs are perfectly safe to use in homes. Each bulb contains a very small amount of mercury — an average of three milligrams – about the same amount it would take to cover the tip of a ballpoint pen. The mercury dissipates when the bulb burns out, leaving no harmful toxins. There is no health risk if a bulb breaks because the amount of mercury is minute and in vapor form so it dissipates immediately leaving no harmful toxins. As Energy Star states, when a CFL breaks there is more harm from broken glass than mercury. Currently, using mercury in the manufacturing of the bulbs is necessary because there is no other substance that can replace the efficiency properties of mercury to produce fluorescent light. However, in recent years the mercury content has been drastically reduced and research is underway to develop bulbs that use even less mercury.
Safe Disposal of CFLs
Ideally, CFLs should be recycled. Many municipalities accept CFLs that are placed in plastic bags in the blue recycling box. However, regulations on proper disposal of CFLs differ by province. Check with their local municipalities to inquire about disposal programs and regulations in their area.
- Lumens: 800
- Life Hours: 10,000
- MOL: 3.60″
- Ballast Type: Electronic
- Base Type: Medium Base
- Starting Method: Modified Rapid Start
- Input Line Voltage: 120VAC
- Input Line Frequency: 60HZ
- Color Temperature: 41K
- Color Rendering Index: > 82
- Minimum Starting Temperature: 5° F
- Maximum Operating Temperature: 120° F
- UL/C-UL Listed: Yes
- FCC Compliance : 47 CFR Part 18
- Lamp Operating Frequency: 45 KHZ
- End of Life Protection
Calrad 35-701 DVI-A Male to VGA DB-HD15 Female Video Adapter
- The Calrad Electronics 35-705 DVI-A to VGA Adapter expands your video display options by allowing you to connect a computer monitor or other VGA display unit to a graphics card with a DVI-A connection. This compact connector transfers razor-sharp, detailed analog video signals with minimal signal loss.
Note: This adapter does not convert analog signal to digital signal.
Specifications Manufacturer Calrad Manufacturer Product No 35-701 UPC 601520357010 Connections DVI-A Male to VGA DB-HD15 Female
- 1x – DVI-A Male to VGA Female Video Adapter