Draper 136198 Salara Plug and Play Projection Screen, 16:10 – High Contrast Grey (67 Inches)
- The Draper 136198 Salara Plug and Play Projection Screen is a new generation in motorized projection screens. In your home or office, the Salara makes a design statement. The Salara’s small, elliptical case and domed endcaps are finished in solid white. The Projection Screen mounts to the wall or ceiling with “floating” gunlatch mounting brackets which can be positioned along the back of the case. The mounting brackets make installation quick, easy, secure, and barely visible.
There is no wiring required with the Plug and Play Screen because you can just plug it into a standard 110V wall outlet and you are ready to go. The included IR Remote allows for convenient remote control from anywhere you can view the screen. An IR Receiver is hidden in the case of the screen.
When selecting a front projection surface, several factors need to be considered:
- Gain – a relative measure of a screen’s reflectivity.
- Contrast – the ability to accurately reproduce and differentiate light and dark characters and backgrounds, or light and dark areas of an image.
- Ambient light rejection properties – the ability to perform well under normal to adverse audience lighting conditions.
- Resolution – the clarity of the projected image.
- Uniformity – the screen’s performance when viewed from various points off the projection axis (both horizontally and vertically), and when the brightness of the center of the image is compared to the corners.
- Aspect ratio – the screen’s height and width configuration, formatted for the desired projection source (NTSC video, HDTV, WideScreen, CinemaScope, overhead, slide or motion pictures).
- Textile Backed Screen Surfaces – These surfaces consist of a reflective surface laminated to a woven textile base. The screen surface hangs suitably flat because of the stability of the material and the weight of the bottom dowel. Good for all types of projection. Commonly used for single lens video projection, as well as for CRT video and data-graphics projection.
- Matt White – The standard to which all other screen surfaces are compared. Matt white vinyl reflective surface laminated to tear-resistant woven textile base. A matt white surface diffuses projected light in all directions, so the image can be seen from any angle. Provides accurate color rendition as well as superior clarity. Recommended for use with all high light output projection devices. Requires control of ambient light in the audience area. Washable, flame and mildew resistant. Peak gain 1.0.
- Glass Beaded – Brighter on-axis viewing than matt white surfaces within a narrower viewing cone. Some loss of clarity. Not for use with ceiling or floor mounted projectors. Flame and mildew resistant, but cannot be cleaned. Now available seamless in all standard sizes through 10′ high.
- High Contrast Grey – Grey textile backed surface offers excellent resolution while enhancing the blacks of LCD and DLP projected images, even as whites and lighter colors are maintained. Performs well in ambient light condition. High Contrast Grey’s lower gain of 0.8 allows use with even the brightest projectors; viewing cone of 180°. Available on most non-tensioned motorized and manual screens, seamless in sizes up to 8′ in height. Peak gain of 0.8.
- AT Grey – AT Grey offers the acoustical properties of our popular AT1200, while providing the best optical qualities of both Matt White and High Contrast Grey. It is unique in that it offers both a 180° viewing cone and the vivid color contrast associated with high contrast grey materials. Washable, flame and mildew resistant. Available in sizes through 6′ x 8′ or 10′ diagonal. Gain of 0.8. Not recommended for screens smaller than 80″ wide when used with LCD or DLP projectors. Peak gain of 0.8.
- AT1200 – Innovative and versatile acoustically transparent screen material. Similar in gain performance to standard matt white. Acoustical properties comparable to the finest speaker grille cloth. Peak gain of 1.0.
- Tensioned Surfaces – These screen surfaces are tensioned vinyl with no backing. Draper offers motorized, crank-operated and permanently tensioned screens with built-in tensioning systems. The advantage: the surface is stretched perfectly flat, resulting in better picture quality. Flatness is always desirable and highly recommended for video or data-graphics projection.
- Rear Cineflex – Neutral grey rear projection diffusing surface with an on-axis gain of 1.3. Cineflex has high resolution and excellent contrast, even in lighted rooms. For use with any type of projection equipment.
- Flexible Matt White -Pliable matt white material for use in our Cinefold portable folding screen. It can be stretched, folded and restretched repeatedly without damage. Flexible matt white is an excellent matt white material with a gain of 1.0 and a viewing cone of 180°.
- HiDef Grey – A grey front projection surface that provides greater contrast and black reproduction than standard surfaces, with a lower gain to handle today’s super-bright projectors. The grey color enhances color contrast and black levels in the projected image and also allows for more ambient light in the audience area than traditional surfaces. Available on all tab-tensioned and permanently tensioned screens. Peak gain of 0.9.
- M1300 – The perfect matt white diffusing surface. Extremely broad light dispersion and spectral uniformity. Panoramic viewing angle and true color rendition. Recommended for use with any type of projector in rooms where the light level can be reasonably controlled. Washable
- M2500 – Higher gain surface provides good black retention with accurate light colors and whites. M2500 is black-backed, and tolerates a higher ambient light level in the audience area than many front projection screen surfaces. On-axis gain of 1.5.
- Black-Backed M1300 – Our M1300 viewing surface with a black backing for situations where ambient light behind the screen is an issue. Peak gain of 1.0.
- Low-Gain Cineflex – New Low Gain Cineflex surface offers a wider viewing cone and added contrast level with a neutral grey tint. This is ideal in applications where ambient light is needed, yet you want to limit your hot spot. This should be considered when you have a bright projector and rigid screens are not an option. Some ideal installs may include churches, training centers, or other large venue need. To order 0.8 Low Gain Cineflex just add LG to the end of any part number for a screen with standard Cineflex viewing surface.
- Uniflex White – Uniflex Flexible Rear Projection Surface or Front Projection Surface. Draper’s Uniflex surface is ideal for wide angle viewing including edge blending or multiple projection applications. This product virtually eliminates hot spots in either front or rear applications and is ideal to use with short throw lenses. Light control is suggested with this product. Rear projection .7 gain/Front projection .5 gain. To order Uniflex just add UW to the end of any part number for a screen with Cineflex viewing surface.
- Aspect Ratio
- AV (1:1) – AV (audio visual) format screens accommodate a variety of projector types and range from square to wide horizontal in aspect ratio. AV format screens are described in terms of height x width, and are furnished without black borders.
- NTSC (4:3) – NTSC video format screens are specifically designed for use with video/data projectors. Their format is strictly defined as a 4:3 rectangle, and the size is usually described in terms of a nominal diagonal. Conventional models of NTSC format screens are furnished with black borders to frame the image on all four sides.
- HDTV format (16:9) – HDTV format is designed for high-definition television projection.
- WideScreen format (1.85:1) – WideScreen format is suitable for letter boxed video images.
- CinemaScope (2.35:1.00) – Cinemascope is the sizing of many Hollywood feature films and is wider than Letterbox Format or HDTV Format. Film projectors achieve this aspect ratio by replacing the typical standard ‘Flat’ lens with an anamorphic ‘Scope’ lens.
- Native laptop presentations (16:10 and 15:9) – Accommodates presentations from laptop computers and projectors with 1280×800 resolution.
PowerBridge PB-1161 Single Solution Flat Panel In-Wall Power Kit, White
- Let’s say you’re preparing to install a new flat screen HDTV or a projector. Or you’ve already installed your TV with the cord in the wall, or left it hanging down, “out there” on the wall. No matter how you’re planning to hide your wires, you still need a power-outlet to plug it into. The PowerBridge Single Solution Power Kit is an in-wall power extension specifically designed to provide a professional appearance and hide AV cables, for any on-wall mounted LCD, Plasma, LED and LCD HDTV.
Protect Your TV with PowerBridge
Having a regular A/C outlet/receptacle installed behind your expensive wall mounted HDTV will provide A/C power, but unless you have a whole-house, main panel protection system installed, the outlets in your home are un-protected from surge power and “dirty”, noisy power which can reduce the life of electronics and power supplies. But the PowerBridge Single Solution Power Kit makes protecting your investment easy with the ability to connect an external power surge protector/power conditioner/UPS device to provide a complete safe protected power solution to your HDTV and other home theater equipment. The PowerBridge design allows power out from the protection device through the supplied 6 foot power cord plugged into the PowerBridge POWER-INLET, delivering protected power up the wall to the TV.
The PowerBridge Solution is Not an Ordinary Extension Cord
Depending on your local code requirements, several rated types of in-wall rated power wire are used. The most commonly used type in the US is best known as ROMEX, made specifically to use inside wall and ceilings to connect all of your electrical outlets, switches and light fixtures. Regular flexible extension cords are not made with materials that are fire rated to use inside a wall to connect in-wall mounted electrical devices, as referenced in the National Electrical Code as Not Permitted Use. But the PowerBridge Power Kit is installed using UL-listed, in-wall-rated building electrical wire. The wire makes a direct “extension” by connecting the upper Power OUT wall plate to the lower Power IN wall plate together, resulting in a code-compliant in-wall power extension.
Totally Flexible Design
The recessed power receptacle allows the power cord’s plug end to be set in for low profile mounting of flat-panel TVs or lighted picture frames. The PowerBridge Single Solution Power Kit is also the only design that will hide behind any size or type of wall mounted HDTV.
Safe, Do-It-Yourself Installation
The PowerBridge Single Solution Power Kit is not wired into, nor does it make direct connection to, the actual electrical wiring/circuit. In other words, you’re safe, no risk of shock. You will not be in contact with live electricity during your installation. PowerBridge makes it easy with color-coded wire connections and clear, easy-to-understand illustrated instructions. Usual installation time is less than 30 minutes.
With the PowerBridge Single Solution Power Kit there is no electrician needed. This product is DIY and easy to install. Everything is included, from instructions to the wall-cutout template–all you need are basic tools.
Specifications Manufacturer PowerBridge Manufacturer Product No. PB-1161 UPC 855877002158 Color White Manufacturer Warranty 1 Year Limited
- 1x – PowerOUT Wall Plate with 1 inch recessed plug
- 1x – PowerIN Wall Plate
- 2x – In-Wall Junction Boxes (UL Rated PVC type – not metal type)
- 1x – 6 Foot Power Cord
- 1x – 6 Foot In-Wall Power Wire NM-Type 14/2 UL rated ROMEX
- 1x – Printed Instructions
- 1x – Template for Wall Cut-out
Cyclops 2 Twisted Pair Cable Stripper
- Stripping cable jackets from the delicate wires within can be a tricky process. Protect your shielded or unshielded twisted pair cable from being nicked. The Cyclops 2 Twisted Pair Cable Stripper will strip the cable jacket from cat. 5 cable or fiber-optic cable, self-adjusting automatically to the width of the inserted cable. RJ45-style connectors are sold separately.
Pull back on the finger hole of the Cyclops 2 Twisted Pair Cable Stripper and place the cable inside the blade hole. Rotate the tool around the cable once in either the “MAX” or “MIN” direction, as indicated on the cable stripper. Pull the stripped end out from the cable stripper; be sure to fold the braid back over the cable jacket prior to inserting it into your compression connector.
Additional cable strippers are also available for RG6 coax cable, RG6 quad coax cable, and RG59 coax cable (all sold separately).
Manufacturer: Platinum Tools Manufacturer Product No.: 15010C UPC: 899740000254 Dimensions: 3 1/2″ x 1 1/2″ x 3/4″ Strip Length: .43″ (11mm) maximum Warranty: 1 year, limited
- Cable stripper