Greenlite Lighting 13W/Q/2P/27K 13 Watt Quad Tube Plug-In 2-Pin CFL Lamp – Soft White
- The Greenlite Lighting 13W/Q/2P/27K 13 Watt Quad Tube Plug-In 2-Pin CFL Lamp in soft white is a 13W Compact Fluorescent lamp that replaces a 60W incandescent lamp, it uses 75% less energy and costs less to operate. A Greenlite bulb equals 10 standard incandescent bulbs, and lasts up to 12,000 life hours. The 13 Watt Quad Tube Plug-In 4-Pin CFL Lamp features an instant start, flicker free bulb and is ideal for wall scones, bathroom fixtures, under cabinet, ceiling and agriculture.
This product is also available in 13 Watt Quad Tube CFL Lamp – Cool White.
What is a CFL?
A compact fluorescent light bulb (CFL) is a type of fluorescent lamp designed to replace an incandescent bulb. CFLs are the most energy efficient lighting available. Like other energy-efficient products, high quality CFLs bear the Energy Star symbol, demonstrating to consumers they are among the most energy-efficient on the market. Energy Star-approved CFLs, such as those produced by Greenlite, must meet numerous requirements that include: using at least two-thirds less energy than standard incandescent while providing the same amount of light; lasting 10 times longer than incandescent; saving $30 or more in energy costs over a bulb’s lifetime; and generating less heat than incandescent bulbs.
CFLs Environmental and Economic Benefits
Regular incandescent bulbs waste energy: 90 percent of their energy is used to produce heat, not light. CFLs save energy and help lower electricity costs because they use 75 percent less energy than incandescent bulbs, thereby requiring only one-quarter of the energy consumed by incandescent. For example, a 13-watt CFL produces the same light as a 60-watt incandescent bulb, saving about 45 watts each hour it is lit.
Estimates show that if every person replaced just one incandescent bulb with an Energy Star CFL, greenhouse gas emissions would be reduced by about 400,000 tonnes each year – the equivalent of taking 70,000 cars off the road each year.
The average home has about 30 light fixtures that consume about $200 in electricity costs each year. If just five incandescent bulbs using three hours of light each day were replaced with Energy Star-approved CFL light bulbs, a homeowner could save $30 each year.
CFLs help to save the environment in other ways too. Because Energy Star CFLs are required to last 10 times longer than incandescent bulbs, fewer bulbs and packaging are sent to landfill sites. And using less energy and fewer bulbs reduces emissions from power plants and helps protect the environment from the risk of global climate change.
CFLs and Mercury
CFLs are perfectly safe to use in homes. Each bulb contains a very small amount of mercury — an average of three milligrams – about the same amount it would take to cover the tip of a ballpoint pen. The mercury dissipates when the bulb burns out, leaving no harmful toxins. There is no health risk if a bulb breaks because the amount of mercury is minute and in vapor form so it dissipates immediately leaving no harmful toxins. As Energy Star states, when a CFL breaks there is more harm from broken glass than mercury. Currently, using mercury in the manufacturing of the bulbs is necessary because there is no other substance that can replace the efficiency properties of mercury to produce fluorescent light. However, in recent years the mercury content has been drastically reduced and research is underway to develop bulbs that use even less mercury.
Safe Disposal of CFLs
Ideally, CFLs should be recycled. Many municipalities accept CFLs that are placed in plastic bags in the blue recycling box. However, regulations on proper disposal of CFLs differ by province. Check with their local municipalities to inquire about disposal programs and regulations in their area.
- Lumens: 900
- Base: GX23-2
- MOL: 4.60″
- Ballast Type: Magnetic
- Bulb Type: Quad tube
- Input Line Voltage: 120VAC
- Input Line Frequency: 60HZ
- Color Temperature: 27K
- Color Rendering Index : > 82
- Minimum Starting Temperature: 5° F
- Maximum Operating Temperature: 120° F
- End of Life Protection
Orbit 67401 DripMaster 1/4″ Barb Tee, Bag of 25
- Whether for conservation reasons or to meet the specific needs of varied garden plants, drip irrigation gives you the option to precisely control where your irrigation goes and how much water plants receive. Orbit’s DripMaster system allows you to install a completely custom drip irrigation setup using a variety of components, from different sizes of tubing to drippers with precise flow rates.
A simple drip system is comprised of a connection to your water supply (either a faucet adapter or sprinkler riser manifold), a length of tubing, and a dispersion system (drippers, sprinklers, etc.). These can be augmented for your unique application with stakes, connectors, and valves. From a single drip line supplying a flowerbed to a setup that covers your entire garden, you can build a system of almost any complexity using the array of components in the DripMaster Line.
Searching for the right connectors to get your drip system set up perfectly? This easy-to-push-on barbed tee connect all brands of 1/4″” distribution (or soaker) tubing.
iPad2 iframe2-FBL Wall Mount, Florentine Black
- Precision engineered to perfectly fit any iPad, this wall mount assembles in minutes and includes all interconnects needed to help eliminate any guess work. Powered over a single Cat5 cable, the VidaBox iPowerV1 iPower Charging Station for iPad is sold separately. The iPad frame’s slim and sleek profile, is designed to fit in any environment. Available in a variety of colors, and fine finishes which will blend your iPad seamlessly with any decor. If needed, it is even possible to paint the iPad frame for a custom look and feel. Cut costs while preserving functionality by turning one or more iPads into your homes control station. Instead of using expensive proprietary screens, mount an iPad for control of your TV, lighting, HVAC, security, & more. Compared to other custom engineered solutions, no other iPad mount comes close in terms of features, quality, and price. It’s the smart choice for all integrators.
Available in 4 additional finishes
Smarthome does not accept defective returns for this product. You will need to contact the Manufacturer (or Supplier) directly for all warranty issues.
Aesthetics play an important role for touch interfaces, which is why the VidaBox mounts are available in one of seven premium finishes. Don’t see one you like? Order a “Plain White” finish, and paint it how you see fit! This iPad frame from VidaBox is a comprehensive solution for mounting an iPad. All necessary connectors and adapters are included, allowing you to concentrate on installation. Just supply the Cat5, home run the cables, and you are good to go! Have an existing CAT5 run for an intercom, keypad, or something else? The VidaBox is perfect for retrofit projects like upgrading outdated multi-room audio systems to more modern controls. Don’t spend thousands for dedicated, proprietary touch panels. Tremendously reduce costs by creating an ultra-powerful, wall mounted, command center using an iPad and the myriad of apps available for home automation.
- Weight: 11 Ounces (Frame Only)
- Dimensions W/ Bezel: 23/22″ (19mm) D x 9 25/32″ (249mm) W x 11 7/8″ (302mm) H
- Dimensions W/O Bezel: 23/22″ (19mm) D x 7 3/32″ (180mm) W x 9 3/16″ (233mm) H
- Material: Extruded Aluminum
- Color: Florentine Black
- Owner’s Manual