Greenlite Lighting 13W/TT/4P 13 Watt Twin Tube Plug-In 4-Pin CFL Lamp – Soft White
- The Greenlite Lighting 13W/TT/4P 13 Watt Twin Tube Plug-In 4-Pin CFL Lamp in soft white is a 13W Compact Fluorescent Lamp that replaces a 60W incandescent lamp, it uses 75% less energy and costs less to operate. A Greenlite bulb equals 10 standard incandescent bulbs, and lasts up to 12,000 hours. The 13 Watt Twin Tube Plug-In 2-Pin CFL Lamp features an instant start, flicker free bulb and is ideal for wall scones, bathroom fixtures, under cabinet, ceiling and agriculture.
What is a CFL?
A compact fluorescent light bulb (CFL) is a type of fluorescent lamp designed to replace an incandescent bulb. CFLs are the most energy efficient lighting available. Like other energy-efficient products, high quality CFLs bear the Energy Star symbol, demonstrating to consumers they are among the most energy-efficient on the market. Energy Star-approved CFLs, such as those produced by Greenlite, must meet numerous requirements that include: using at least two-thirds less energy than standard incandescent while providing the same amount of light; lasting 10 times longer than incandescent; saving $30 or more in energy costs over a bulb’s lifetime; and generating less heat than incandescent bulbs.
CFLs Environmental and Economic Benefits
Regular incandescent bulbs waste energy: 90 percent of their energy is used to produce heat, not light. CFLs save energy and help lower electricity costs because they use 75 percent less energy than incandescent bulbs, thereby requiring only one-quarter of the energy consumed by incandescent. For example, a 13-watt CFL produces the same light as a 60-watt incandescent bulb, saving about 45 watts each hour it is lit.
Estimates show that if every person replaced just one incandescent bulb with an Energy Star CFL, greenhouse gas emissions would be reduced by about 400,000 tonnes each year – the equivalent of taking 70,000 cars off the road each year.
The average home has about 30 light fixtures that consume about $200 in electricity costs each year. If just five incandescent bulbs using three hours of light each day were replaced with Energy Star-approved CFL light bulbs, a homeowner could save $30 each year.
CFLs help to save the environment in other ways too. Because Energy Star CFLs are required to last 10 times longer than incandescent bulbs, fewer bulbs and packaging are sent to landfill sites. And using less energy and fewer bulbs reduces emissions from power plants and helps protect the environment from the risk of global climate change.
CFLs and Mercury
CFLs are perfectly safe to use in homes. Each bulb contains a very small amount of mercury — an average of three milligrams – about the same amount it would take to cover the tip of a ballpoint pen. The mercury dissipates when the bulb burns out, leaving no harmful toxins. There is no health risk if a bulb breaks because the amount of mercury is minute and in vapor form so it dissipates immediately leaving no harmful toxins. As Energy Star states, when a CFL breaks there is more harm from broken glass than mercury. Currently, using mercury in the manufacturing of the bulbs is necessary because there is no other substance that can replace the efficiency properties of mercury to produce fluorescent light. However, in recent years the mercury content has been drastically reduced and research is underway to develop bulbs that use even less mercury.
Safe Disposal of CFLs
Ideally, CFLs should be recycled. Many municipalities accept CFLs that are placed in plastic bags in the blue recycling box. However, regulations on proper disposal of CFLs differ by province. Check with their local municipalities to inquire about disposal programs and regulations in their area.
- Lumens: 825
- Base: 2GX7
- MOL: 6.28″
- Ballast Type: Electronic
- Bulb Type: Twin tube
- Input Line Voltage: 120VAC
- Input Line Frequency: 60HZ
- Color Temperature: 27K
- Color Rendering Index : > 82
- Minimum Starting Temperature: 5° F
- Maximum Operating Temperature: 120° F
- End of Life Protection
BIC Muro M-50 In-Wall Speakers (Pair)
- These great-sounding, in-wall architectural speakers from BIC Muro offer increased power handling and excellent frequency response. Although different brands of in-wall speakers may look the same externally, they certainly don’t sound the same. The BIC Muro M-50 Speakers feature good, clean sound and tremendous bass response at a reasonable price.
While these are hardly low-end speakers, this model still boosts impressive specs and great sound. The smaller 5.5 woofer and half-inch tweeter make it the ideal choice for bedrooms, hallways, and bathrooms. Each BIC Muro M-50 speaker is fitted with a metal rear bracket that clamps the speaker tightly to the drywall to produce a very rigid acoustically sound fitting. A rough-in kit is available for new-construction homes.
Three Models to Choose From
Choose among three models, all of which have similar sound characteristics for matched sound throughout the house. This means you can use the bigger M-80 for your main front speakers in a home theater room and a smaller model for side and rear surround sound. The other two available models are as follows:
- BIC Muro M-80 Speakers: The 8″ Poly/Carbon woofer is mounted to a massive magnet structure that contributes to the deepest bass down to 40Hz. Its 1″ ferrofluid-cooled soft-dome tweeter provides frequencies beyond audible range. Sold in pairs.
- BIC Muro M-60 Speakers: This middle model features a 6.5″ Polypropylene woofer and 1″ ferrofluid-cooled soft-dome tweeter. It is ideal for surround sound applications in a home theater or for filling rooms up to 250 square feet with background music. Sold in pairs.
Can Be Painted to Match the Walls
All BIC speakers have overload protection and come with a comprehensive installation guide. The speakers are finished in white, but they can be painted with latex or spray paint if necessary in order to match your room’s decor.
Manufacturer: BIC America Manufacturer Product No.: M-50 MURO 5 SPKRS -33% UPC: 729305001511 Dimensions: 11″ H x 7.5″ W x 3″ D Required Cut-out: 9.625″ x 7″ Weight: 2.7 lbs. Max. Speaker Wire Gauge: 10 gauge Main Speaker Size: 5.5″ Max Power: 100 Watts Frequency Response: 60Hz to 21,000Hz Sensitivity: 90dB Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms Woofer: 5.5″ Polypropylene Tweeter: 1/2″ ferrofluid-cooled Warranty: 3 years Parts and Labor
- 2 speakers
- 2 speaker grilles
- Instruction manual
Insteon LED Color Change Kit for Insteon Paddle Switches – 4-Color
- One of the nicest features on the Insteon SwitchLinc Dimmer and Relay (Non-Dimming) units is their line of LED lights. This elegant brightness bar consists of 8 white LEDs that indicate the current brightness of the lights being controlled on the dimmer switch. Change the appearance of up to eight switches in your home with the SwitchLinc Light Pipe Kit, a set of pipes that easily install in the SwitchLinc to change the LEDs to red, green, amber, or blue. A pair of each color is included in this kit; select your favorites to personalize your SwitchLincs.
Regardless of the color you select, the bright LEDs can be exceptionally helpful when it is difficult to see the light being controlled (e.g. outside or behind closed doors). The SwitchLinc Dimmers and Relays also offer a status LED; two status LED pipes of each color are also included in this kit so that all LEDs on the switch will match. Eight-packs are also available in single colors: Choose frosted white. Please note that these light pipes are compatible only with Insteon SwitchLinc line products.
A white paddle is included with the Insteon SwitchLinc Dimmer and Relay, but additional paddle colors are also available and sold separately. Choose the color that best suits your room’s decor: Almond, Ivory, Brown, Black, or Gray. Two paddles are included in each set.
Brand: Insteon Manufacturer Product No.: 2400L UPC: 891114000105 Dimensions: LED plates: 1 1/16″ x 1/2″; status LED pipes: 1/2″ x 1/8″