Insteon Remote Control DIN Rail Dimmer Switch
- When planning the electrical wiring for your home or business, avoid adding too many wall switches in a single location. Wall switches ganged together cause homeowner confusion and can quickly ruin the aesthetic of a room. Instead consider adding a single Insteon keypad to control all the lighting. It’s easy when combined with Insteon DIN Rail products.
Use of DIN rails is common overseas and in US commercial/industrial buildings. Because of their ease of installation, DIN rails are becoming more popular in the US. DIN rail products provide integrators and builders a more custom and organized way to handle complicated wiring circuits.
The DIN Rail Dimmer clips directly onto a 35mm DIN rail and wires to load, power and neutral. Link it to an Insteon keypad or any other Insteon device for full remote control over the module and it’s connected load. Specifically, DIN rail Dimmer is compatible with the “Top hat rail EN 50022” (sometimes referred to as a Type O or Type Ω) The DIN Rail Dimmer will fit either variation of this style DIN rail (either 15 or 7.5 mm “high” off the mounting surface).
What’s a DIN Rail?
It is simply a metal rail on which compatible products (circuit breakers, switches, etc.) can be snapped on. The DIN rail can simply be mounted to any flat surface (or even across studs). Please follow all applicable building and electrical codes whenever installing electrical products.
Top hat DIN rail Cross section With module snapped on
Please note that the DIN Rail Dimmer is not compatible with C section or G section Din rails.
Optional Sense Wire Trigger
The DIN Rail Dimmer features sense inputs for special applications where a local “dumb” switch might be necessary in addition to remote Insteon control. Sense inputs are compatible with latching, single momentary and dual momentary wall switches. Connect to any style wall switch to match any type of designer theme (antique, push-button, metal, etc.)
Local Control and Insteon Setup
The DIN Rail Dimmer has a small paddle that operates exactly the same as the best-selling SwitchLinc paddles. So, you can turn the connected load on, off or control its brightness by pressing and holding the paddle. Furthermore, a setup button is provided for setting up other properties as well as for linking and un-linking. Finally a dual-color (green and red) LED displays the on (green) or off (red) status of the connected load.
General Manufacturer Insteon Product Name DIN Rail Dimmer Manufacturer Product No. 2452-222 UPC 813922012798 Warranty 2 Years Insteon Features Operation Modes Controller and responder Maximum Links/Scenes 400 Load Brightness Levels 32 locally (256 with software) Status LED Green when load is on, Red when load is off
Blinks Red once when responder does not acknowledge/blinks
Green once if all responders acknowledge (can be disabled via software)
Blinks Green or Red during setup
Blinks Red or Green (depending upon state of load) to indicate traffic (must be enabled via software)
LED Brightness Adjustable from off to 100% bright Local On-Level Adjustable from 32 fixed brightness levels or resume dim Local Ramp Rate Adjustable from 0.1 second to 5 seconds locally (0.1 seconds to 8 minutes with software) Local Control Yes Commands Supported s Controller On | Off
Fast On | Fast Off
Begin Brighten | End Brighten
Begin Dim | End Dim
Commands Supported as Responder On | Off
Fast On | Fast Off
Begin Brighten | End Brighten
Begin Dim | End Dim
Incremental Brighten | Incremental Dim
Software Configurable Yes Ramp Rates (full-On to full-Off 0.125 to 9 seconds if programmed locally, 0.125 seconds to 8 minutes if programmed remotely via software RF Range 150 ft. (depending on your home’s construction) Phase Detect Beacon Yes Insteon Device Category 0x01 dimmable lighting control Insteon Device Subcategory 2452-222 (915MHz) | 0x34 Mechanical Mounting 35mm (top hat) DIN rail Wire Connections N/A Max. Cable Size 4mm², 12 AWG (2.72mm diameter) Min. Cable Size 1.5mm², 15 AWG Screw DIN Rail Connections Line
Case Color White Set Button Yes Plastic UV stabilized polycarbonate Beeper Yes Beep on Button Press Optional (off by default) LED 1 RGB Dimensions 3.14″ x 2.05″ x 2.48″(H x W x D) Weight 6.17 oz (175g) Operating Environment Indoors Operating Temperature Range 32° to 104°F (0° to 40°C) Operating Humidity Range 0-90% relative humidity Storage Temperature Range -4° to 158°F (-20° to 70°C) Electrical Voltage 100VAC to 240VAC Frequency 50/60Hz auto-detected at power-up Load Min. 5W, Max 300W at 100-240VAC Load Types Resistive
Low voltage halogen
User Replaceable Fuse Yes Hardwired Remote Control Yes, either latching or momentary switches supported Retain All Settings Without Power Yes, saved in non-volatile EEPROM Standby Power Consumption <1W Safety Approved ETL Certifications FCC FCC ID SBPDR01
- Quick-Start Guide
- Owner’s Manual
- 1x – Insteon Din Rail Dimmer
- 1x – Quick Start Guide
Sony Platinum Alkaline Batteries (2-pack)
- How many times have you been disappointed with the battery life on C batteries? With the Sony Stamina Platinum Alkaline series you’ll never be disappointed again. This battery was developed with high-density and precision technology that is designed to last for hours and hours. You can purchase these great Sony batteries directly from Smarthome when you purchase your battery-operated products. It’s always good to have an extra pack or two as a backup source.
Manufacturer: Sony Manufacturer Product No.: C2 Sony UPC: 008562000278 Makeup: Alkaline Size: C
- 2 Sony Stamina Platinum Alkaline C Batteries
Dunn-Rite Pool JN06 Jet Net Remote-Control Pool Skimmer
- Turn pool-cleaning time into fun! The Jet Net Remote-Control Pool Skimmer removes all swimming pool surface debris, such as leaves and bugs, and is one you’ll actually enjoy using. This remote-control catamaran glides across the water to skim the pool with a working distance up to 100 feet away. Hard to reach corners of the pool can be easily steered to for cleaning and the RC control might even entice children to volunteer to give it a skim. All batteries and a charger are included.
Pool Cleaning Made Easy
Reach those hard-to-get-to areas in minutes with this remote-control pool cleaner. The watercraft’s skimmer net is easily removed for cleaning by simply lifting it from the top of the boat. This pool cleaner will even work well on small ponds.
Manufacturer: Dunn-Rite Pool Manufacturer Product No.: JN06 UPC: 728058000192 Dimensions: Approx. 23 1/2″ x 28 3/4″ Power: Remote: 9-volt battery; boat: rechargeable 9.6 volt Ni-MH battery pack Approvals: FCC compliant Warranty: 1 year, limited