Niles Audio CM8SI 8-Inch 2-Way In-Ceiling / In-Wall Stereo Input Dual Voice Coil Speaker (Each)
- Niles Audio Stereo Input loudspeakers are ideal for small rooms where positioning two loudspeakers is not feasible. Examples would be a small kitchen, bathroom, hallway, or small bedroom. A glass fiber woofer cones with dual voice coils and dual UltraSilk soft dome tweeters on a stereo imaging array create spacious stereo sound from a single speaker. Whether you are listening to background talk radio or a complete orchestra, Niles Audio CM series speakers deliver optimal performance and reliability.
Precision tuned and voiced fixed woofer ceiling-mount loudspeakers provide graduated performance for all types of applications. A 8-inch glass fiber woofer cone with a curvilinear profile for smoother sound and less peaking at high frequencies and a dual voice coil design reproduces left and right channel inputs from a single speaker. The high quality butyl surround increases sensitivity and preserves durability. Integrated baffle/frame assembly increases the cone area for deeper bass than competitive speakers of the same diameterDual 1-inch Teteron tweeters provide wide dispersion for clear and detailed high frequencies. The bridge-mounted stereo imaging (Si) tweeter array directs the high-frequency sounds from both the left and right channels at opposing angles to preserve stereo separation. Three patent-pending spring tensioned mounting clamps permit quick installation and compensate for uneven mounting surfaces and varied environmental conditions. Weather-resistant construction and a MicroThin magnetically attached rust-resistant grille enables installation in moist areas, such as bathrooms or outdoors under eaves.
Compatible Niles Audio Accessories:
• NCB8C Installation Bracket
• SG8C Square Loudspeaker Grille
About Niles CM Series Loudspeakers
Niles CM Series (Ceiling Mount) Loudspeakers deliver an uncompromising combination of designer oriented aesthetics, superb sound performance, and ease of installation. Small footprint and low profile design provide the
look that today’s homeowners desire. Available in 7-inch and 8-inch versions, there are various left/center/right (LCR) channel speakers, surround effects speakers, and stereo input dual voice coil speaker models to satisfy applications ranging from advanced home theaters to distributed audio systems.
Choosing the Right Speaker for Your Application
Niles CM Loudspeakers are designed to be installed in any standard ceiling. When choosing a location, thought should be given to the sound coverage of the loudspeaker, and ease of running the speaker wire. Niles manufactures a large variety of speaker models for many different applications, with special models for shallow depth ceilings, models with Rear Wave Enclosures to minimize any sound bleeding through to adjacent rooms, etc.• Stereo Sound Applications – The best stereo effect will be achieved if both loudspeakers are at an equal distance from the listening area. Ideally all loudspeakers should be on the same horizontal plane. Avoid installing loudspeakers near corners to prevent a ‘boomy’ or diffracted sound. Also note that the lower the ceiling, the closer the loudspeaker should be placed to the listener.
• Home Theater Applications• Left/Center/Right (LCR) – Position the center channel loudspeaker directly over the television, with the left and right speakers equidistant from the center. The separation between the left and right should not be more than the distance to the primary seating area.• LCR Multi-Purpose Speakers – A versatile ceiling-mount loudspeaker that performs well for
background music and home theater. Applications include blending with light can fixtures, distributed audio, LCR channel for family room, home theaters and outdoors on the patio
• LCR Performance Speakers – The perfect blend between value and performance, these loudspeakers deliver high-performance sound in a wide variety of applications. Applications include blending with light can fixtures, secondary or primary listening rooms, family rooms, kitchens, and bedrooms, LCR channel for home theaters
• LCR High-Definition Speakers – Provide superior sound quality and longevity by utilizing advanced components, materials, and circuit design. Applications include LC channel for advanced home theaters, primary listening rooms
• Rear & Side Surround Effects – For the rear speakers, position surround effects loudspeakers behind the listening area, to the inside of the front left and right speakers. The tweeters should point to the sides of the room. For the side speakers, position surround effects loudspeakers to the sides of the listening area with the tweeters in-line with the listener. The tweeters should point to the front and rear of the room.• FX Speakers – Provide the surround effects (rear, side) channel in a wide variety of home theater and multi-channel music applications. Applications include 5.1 and 7.1-channel home theater systems and multi-channel music systems
• Single Speaker Stereo Input Applications – Stereo Input loudspeakers are ideal for small rooms where positioning two loudspeakers is not practical. Examples would be a small kitchen, bathroom, hallway, or small bedroom. Locate the loudspeaker as close to the center of the room as possible for the most even distribution of sound. Avoid installing the loudspeaker near a corner to prevent a ‘boomy’ or diffracted sound.
Specifications Manufacturer Niles Audio Manufacturer Product No. CM8SI, FG01664 UPC 760514016644 Specifications Type Specification Recommended Amplifier Power 10 – 130 Watts Impedance 8 Ohm Nominal; 6 Ohm Minimum Frequency Response 55 Hz To 21 KHz +/ -3 DB Voice Coil Size 1.25″ Frame Dimensions 11 3/8″ (28.9 cm) Hole Cutout Dimensions 9 3/4″ (24.8 cm) Depth Behind Ceiling 5/8″ Drywall: 4 1/8″ (10.5 cm) Weight 6.7 Lbs (3 Kg) Manufacturer Warranty Lifetime Limited Warranty
- 1x – Speaker
- 1x – Magnetically attached round grill
- 1x – Hole template with painting standoffs
- 1x – Owner’s manual
- 1x – Warranty card
Niles Audio MS120 Flush-Mount IR MicroSensor
- The Niles Audio MS120 Flush-Mount IR MicroSensor blends into the wall or ceiling of a room allowing you to access IR devices without being near them and its small design makes it blend in with almost any surface. The Flush-Mount IR MicroSensor is equipped with a 10-foot cable that connects directly into the IR receiver connecting block. The universal noise suppression effectively eliminates the IR interference from Plasma’s, LCD’s, LED’s, and CFL lighting. Operation of the MS120 is straightforward. Simply aim your hand-held remote at the IR microsensor and your IR command is instantly repeated to your A/V equipment.
Specifications Manufacturer Niles Audio Corp. Manufacturer Product No FG01580 UPC 760514015807 Range 20 – 35 feet Connecting Wire Length 10 feet Dimensions 0.5″ Diameter x 2.875″ High
- 1x – MS120 Sensor
- 1x – Washer
- 1x – Hex Nut
- 1x – Black Bezel
- 1x – White Bezel
- 1x – Owners Manual
Leviton 7000-C0E Cheetah 15A-125V Duplex Receptacle, Black
- The Leviton 15A Cheetah Duplex Receptacle is part of the Cheetah speed line of products. The patented Cheetah Speed System enables electrical devices, switches, receptacles, and wallplates to be installed without screws using a revolutionary speed anchor, snap & lock system, researched and developed with and by electricians. The Cheetah Speed System increases the speed of installation by up to 40% to 50%, and at the same time, offers the elegance, style, and designer look of screwless wallplates, at a very affordable price.
The Leviton Cheetah 15A Duplex Receptacle is also available in the following colors, each sold separately.
CHEETAH SPEED DEVICES – Cheetah devices (switches, receptacles, dimmers, GFCI, etc.) are pre-assembled with Cheetah Speed Anchors fastened with standard 6/32 screw (for easy removal or adjustment after installation). After you wire the Cheetah speed device (quickwire or side wire terminals), just push it in! The Cheetah Speed anchors zip-tie into the patented Cheetah Speed wallboxes – always centered and flush with the wall – requiring no screws for installation or finish!
CHEETAH SCREWLESS WALLPLATE – After the device is pushed (zip-tie) into the box, the Cheetah device is flush to the wall. Each Cheetah device has 4 holes which the Cheetah screwless wallplates simply snap into, flush with the wall. Cheetah matte finish wallplates are made from high strength thermoplastic. Each wallplate has eight (8) tabs to ensure a tight snug fit always flush with wall.
CHEETAH SPEED BOXES – Cheetah Speed Boxes (1 – 4 gang boxes) are made from high strength thermoplastic composites with specially designed speed anchor slots. Each slot has teeth molded to receive Cheetah Speed Anchors. As the speed anchor is pushed into the speed anchor slot, the teeth on the box and speed anchor engage in a zip-tie fashion to securely hold the anchor.
Specifications Manufacturer Leviton Manufacturer Product No 7000-C0E UPC 078477470930 Device Type Duplex Receptacle Feature All Screws Backed Out Grounding Grounded Amperage 15 Amp Voltage 125 Volt NEMA 5-15R Color Black Pole Two Poles Wires Three Wire Termination Quickwire Push-In & Side Face Material Thermoplastic Body Material Thermoplastic Standards and Certifications UL Manufacturer Warranty 2 Year Limited
- 1x – Leviton Cheetah 15A Duplex Receptacle, Black
- 1x – Mounting Hardware